VMC Group LD Series High Deflection Mid-Frequency Isolators provide both shock and vibration protection for a variety of applications. These isolators can attenuate a 15.0 g, 11-millisecond shock to 10.0 g; and a 30.0 g, 11-millisecond shock to 16.0 g. The LD Series Isolators are ideal for use in applications where vibration and shock are a concern such as avionics, camera systems, engine controls, communications equipment and weapons systems.
Two different elastomeric element types are available in The LD Series. The standard elastomer that offers an operating temperature of -20⁰F to +180⁰F provides effective isolation in most applications. The optional polybutadiene version is used for situations when operating temperatures may drop as low as -65⁰F. Both versions are excellent when high amplitude vibration inputs are expected or large shock deflections are needed. Both versions also resist oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in difficult conditions.
No special tools are required for installation. The central isolators are not inherently failsafe. These isolated systems do require a suitable means of restraint.
Features & Benefits
- Static load range from 7 - 40 lbs. offers several solutions for low load applications
- Large deflection capability can dramatically reduce abrupt shock impacts as high as 30.0 g's
- Two different elastomer unit options meet operating temperature requirements for even the most extreme conditions
- Elastomeric isolators resist oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in challenging conditions
- Central cores accept common screws - offering simple installation
- Camera systems
- Engine controls
- Communications equipment
- Weapons systems