VMC Group BM Series Buckling Isolation Low Frequency Elastomeric Vibration Isolators are used in a variety of situations where loads are applied primarily in a vertical direction. The BM Series offers a low natural frequency that is ideal for isolating structure-borne noise in applications where space and weight are restricted, but where high deflection shock isolation is necessary.
The BM Series provides a durable housing construction that includes a corrosion resistant coating on all metal surfaces. The structural sections are made of carbon steel for excellent strength and long-life. Since the BM Series is uniquely designed to isolate vertical loads, it is not inherently failsafe and should not be used in mobile applications unless used in conjunction with external restraints.
The elastomeric elements resist oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in nearly all environments. The operating temperature range of -20⁰F to +180⁰F offers continuous operation in these ambient conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Wide choice of static load ranges provide isolators that can be matched to strict engineering requirements
- Low profile provides installation in space-restricted and vertical applications
- Rugged construction provides durability in extreme conditions
- Typical damping ratio C/Cc = .01 transmissibility approximately 5:1 at resonance
- Natural low frequency of 8 Hz at maximum load provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most challenging applications
- Sophisticated and sensitive equipment