VMC Group CM Series Encapsulated Elastomeric or Silicone Cup Isolators provide superior shock and vibration isolation for a variety of applications, environments and mounting configurations. These isolators are ideal for use in very low load applications where portability and accessibility are required such as transit cases, guidance systems, payload, electronics and other equipment.
The CM Series Cup Isolators offer a low profile, light weight, all-attitude design for flexible installation in numerous locations. The series are available in cold-rolled, zinc-plated steel or aluminum housings to meet virtually any weight requirement. All metal surfaces have a corrosion-resistant coating for extra protection and durability. Two different elastomeric element types are also available in the CM Series. The standard elastomeric element offers operating temperatures of -20⁰F to +180⁰F. A special order silicone elastomeric element offers operating temperatures of -80⁰F to +300⁰F; and a damping ratio of C/Cc= .20 to .25 depending on dynamic input.
Features & Benefits
- Offers several solutions for low load applications
- Lightweight cup housing design permits installation in smaller equipment where space is at a premium
- All-attitude isolator allows mounting placement in any orientation
- Zinc-plated steel or aluminum housing options meet virtually any weight requirements
- Corrosion-resistant coating on all metal surfaces provides extra durability
- Nominal frequency of 30 Hz provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most challenging installations
- Two different elastomeric element options meet operating temperature requirements for almost any application
- Transit cases
- Guidance systems
- Other equipment