VMC Group L Series Spring Isolators are extremely versatile vibration control isolators generally used for engine gensets and industrial machinery. The L Series is offered in several standard versions that provide a wide range of installation options - internal or external level adjustments, fully adjustable snubbing, high carbon steel springs for heavy loads or softer springs for lighter loads, and many mounting choices. Special modifications, such as for extra long bolts or extra mounting holes are available as options.
The LI and LO Types offer internal adjustment that permits installation anywhere regardless of accessibility or the location of bolt holes in the machine base. The standard adjustment bolt will pass through a 2" thick machine leg. Longer bolts for thicker legs are available. Fully adjustable snubbing is by means of end nuts. Oil-resistant rubber is standard for all sizes and styles of snubber inserts. LN and LO types have non-adjustable inserts for alignment purposes, without any snubbing action, and can be converted for adjustability in the field.
Standard springs use oil-tempered high carbon steel and softer springs are available for lighter loads. All springs are color-coded for easy identification and offer a powder-coated finish for improved corrosion resistance. The H and J housings are of welded steel construction to accommodate the heaviest load capacities.
Features & Benefits
- Six housing sizes and several mounting options - with or without bolts - provide superior versatility over a wide range of applications
- High carbon steel springs and bonded, synthetic rubber sound pads reduce vibration, shock and noise transmission
- Durable, gray cast iron housings
- Welded steel construction in larger sizes
- Internal leveling adjustment permits installation anywhere regardless of accessibility or the location of bolts in the machine base or foundation
- Color-coded springs provide easy identification for installation and inspection
- A powder-coated finish on the springs and electroplated bolts and nuts offer improved corrosion resistance
- Electrical transformers
- Switch gear equipment