VMC Group GC Series Plate & Cup Low Profile Elastomeric Isolators provide superior shock and vibration isolation for a variety of applications, environments and mounting configurations. These isolators are typically found in the sensitive electronic, communications equipment and weapons systems within transportable shelters, as well as within the structure itself.
The GC Series are available in both cup or plate configurations. These isolators offer a low profile, lightweight, multi-attitude design for flexible installation in numerous locations. All metal surfaces have a corrosion-resistant coating for extra protection and durability.
Two different elastomeric element types are available in the GC Series. The standard elastomeric element that offers operating temperatures of -20⁰F to +180⁰F and the silicone elastomeric element that offers operating temperatures of -80⁰F to +300⁰F. Both elastomers resist oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in difficult conditions.
Special variations to the GC Series include flush top and bottom surfaces, through-hole or countersunk hole on the GC2, and high damped custom color-coded materials.
Features & Benefits
- Static load range from 7 - 50 lbs. offers several solutions for low load applications
- Light weight housing design permits installation in smaller equipment where space is at a premium
- All-attitude isolation permits placement in any orientation
- Corrosion-resistant coating on metal surfaces provides extra durability
- Two different elastomeric element options meet operating temperature requirements for almost any application
- Nominal frequency of 30 Hz provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most challenging installations
- Sensitive electronics
- Communications equipment
- Weapons systems
- The shelters themselves