P Series Curbs are high quality, structural tubular steel support systems for rooftop unit vibration isolation abatement. Each custom-built unit incorporates both the roof curb and spring isolation into one complete structure. VMC engineers design each curb and rail to custom fit any rooftop mechanical equipment.
P6300 3" Spring Isolation Curbs can be specified to compensate for large floor spans, and spring pockets are positioned within the curb at the correct load points for proper support and seismic restraint. All spring pockets incorporate a minimum 1/4" elastomeric cup or pad in series with the spring to provide optimum isolation efficiency.
These fully flashable rooftop support systems also save the contractor unnecessary labor costs.
The curb and rooftop unit can be fully installed and adjusted before the roof is sealed, eliminating the possibility of any damage to a finished roof.
Spring pockets are accessible from around the outside of the curb. All springs are color-coded for ease of identification, and any spring can be removed and replaced while the rooftop unit is installed. Once adjusted and leveled, the rooftop unit becomes free floating - completely isolated from the building structure, while completely restrained to it.
Features & Benefits
- Upper frame supports equipment while "flating" on spring isolators
- Factory installed top flashing ensures a weather-tight installation
- Curb can be manufactured to any height by increasing spring stanchion height
- Spring pockets are fully adjustable and offer 1" deflection (P6100), 2" deflection (P6200) or 3" deflection (P6300). All pockets are seismically rated to ensure equipment captivity
- Expanded metal provides backing and attachment location for 2" thick insulation (insulation provided by the roofer)
- Duct supports installed to match manufacturers dimensions
- HVAC rooftop equipment such as RTU's and fans