VMC Group SB Series Elastomeric Vibration Isolators come with built-in snubbing. These isolators are ideal for use in low load applications such as propulsion, guidance, radar, sonar and other sensitive marine systems where portability and accessibility is a concern.
SB Series Isolators are provided in two halves with one snubbing washer for simple installation in the field. The failsafe snubbing design prevents the isolation elements from coming in contact with the housing. There is no metal-to-metal contact. For additional isolation where heavy downward weights occur, we also offer the CSB Isolator. This isolator consists of one-half SB and another half that is an elastomeric snubbing ring backed by a steel snubbing plate.
At maximum load, the natural frequency of 12 Hz offers excellent equipment isolation. The SB Series are also furnished with a bonded center tube and wear plates. No chamfer or radius is required on the installation hole. The structural sections are made of carbon steel. The snubbing washer is zinc-plated carbon steel. All metal surfaces have a corrosion resistant coating for superior strength and longevity.
The elastomeric elements resist oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in even the harshest environments. The operating temperature of -20°F to 180°F offers continuous operation in these ambient conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Static load range from 125 - 750 lbs. offers several solutions for low load applications
- Built-in wear plate prevents the elastomeric elements from coming in contact with the customer's isolator interface
- Carbon steel structural sections and a zinc-plated carbon steel snubbing washer give superior strength and durability
- Bonded center tube and wear plates
- Natural frequency of 12 Hz at maximum load provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most challenging applications
- Other sensitive systems