VMC Group MB Series Elastomeric Shock and Vibration Isolators are used for propulsion, guidance, radar, sonar and other sensitive systems in submarine applications where a failsafe design is required. At maximum rated load, the natural frequency range of 12 to 15 Hz offers excellent isolation of structure-borne noise in these applications.
The MB Series are also furnished as a complete assembly and feature a built-in leveling device for simple installation. The MB1 and MB3 housings are made of heat-treated cast aluminum, while the MB5 is manufactured from welded steel. All hardware consists of zinc-plated, carbon steel for superior strength and long-life.
The elastomeric element resists oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in even the harshest environments. The MB Series works well in military applications. The operating temperature of -20°F to +180°F offers continuous operation in ambient conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Static load range from 30 to 1,300 lbs. offers a wide range of application flexibility
- Cast aluminum housing and carbon steel hardware provide durability in harsh environmental conditions
- Natural frequency of 12 to 15 Hz at maximum load provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most challenging applications
- Designed specifically for submarines
- Isolator shipped as a complete assembly for ease of installation
- Built-in leveling device offers simplified equipment installation
- Available with longer bolt for height adjustable installation
- Other sensitive systems