VMC Group RDC2 Series Flush-Type, Captive Failsafe Elastomeric Isolators provide effective shock and vibration control for propulsion, guidance, radar, sonar and other sensitive systems in submarine applications where a failsafe design is required.
The RDC2 Series offer rugged, all-bonded construction. Structural sections are made of carbon steel and sintered metal for long-lasting durability. All metal surfaces have a corrosion-resistant coating that provides extra protection and long-life.
The elastomeric coatings resist oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in most conditions. The seismic design has a built-in snubbing washer that prevents the elastomeric elements from coming in contact with the housing. The operating temperature of -20°F to + 180°F offers continuous operation in all ambient conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Offers several solutions for lighter load applications
- Compact housing design permits installation in equipment where space is at a premium
- Corrosion-resistant coatings on all metal surfaces offer extra protection and long-life
- Built-in, failsafe snubbing keeps equipment secure in marine applications
- Natural frequency of 12 Hz at maximum load provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most challenging applications
- Damping ratio of 5:1 offers excellent energy dissipation
- Other sensitive systems