VMC Group RSM Series Isolators are fully bonded, failsafe elastomeric isolators designed to provide shock and vibration isolation for a variety of marine applications in the medium to heavy load range. Offered in two designs - the RSM1 Series offers low load ranges and the RSM3 Series offers load ranges up to 1,300 lbs.
The RSM Series also are furnished as a complete assembly for simple ordering and installation. The isolator is manufactured of a ductile iron outer housing for failsafe or heavy-duty applications. The series provides an extremely durable construction that includes zinc-plated, carbon steel hardware and corrosion resistant coating on all metal surfaces.
The elastomer elements resist oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in even the harshest environments. Failsafe snubbing washer provides for mobile and all-attitude applications. The operating temperature of - 20°F to + 180°F offers continuous operation in all environmental conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Wide choice of load ranges provides isolators that can be matched to strict engineering requirements
- Choice of ductile iron or cast aluminum housings permit use in heavy-duty applications or where weight is a consideration
- Failsafe snubbing washer provides for mobile and all-attitude applications
- Low natural frequency of 8 Hz at maximum load provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most challenging applications
- Typical damping ratio of C/Cc = 0.1 transmissibility approximately 5:1 at resonance
- Offers an axial to radial stiffness of 1:3.5
- Other sensitive systems