VMC Group TTA Series Flush-Type, Failsafe Elastomeric Isolators provide effective shock and vibration control when a failsafe design is required. These isolators are typically found in the sensitive electronic, communications equipment and weapons systems within transportable shelters as well as within the structure itself when a failsafe design is needed.
The TTA Series housings are low profile designs ideal for installations with space restrictions. Structural sections are made of carbon steel for optimum strength and durability. All metal surfaces have a corrosion-resistant coating that provides extra protection and long-life.
The elastomeric coatings resist oils, ozone and most solvents - providing optimum resilience in most conditions. The failsafe design offers built-in snubbing that prevents the elastomeric elements from coming in contact with the housing. The operating temperature range of -20°F to 180°F offers continuous operation in all ambient conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Offers several solutions for light and medium load applications
- Low natural frequency of 9 Hz at maximum load provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most difficult environments
- Low profile housing design permits vertical installation where space is restricted
- Built-in, failsafe snubbing keeps equipment secure
- Damping ratio of 5:1 offers excellent energy dissipation
- Sensitive electronics
- Communications equipment
- Weapons systems
- The shelters themselves